News Archive

October 25th, 2011
Added the first solo entry: 14-20 Dodos @ Near Camp Skull Valley. Unfortunately, after spending a little bit of time here to level my GLA, I discovered Square decided to adjust the number of Dodos in this area down to just 2. It used to be a great place for a level 10-15 party to slaughter Dodos endlessly. Now it just can't support it. I adjusted the recommended status of the party listing, pending further investigation to see if it's a plausible party spot in the level 10-14 range, which it might not even be now.

October 20th, 2011
So it's been a while. Square announced that whole FFXIV 2.0 thing, which looks exciting. The battle system's been refined, along with the removal of ranks and the introduction of materia. We also have transportation, which makes it much easier to run to different camps. It's pretty exciting stuff, isn't it?

I've been gone from the game for the better part of 2 months, so I'm playing a bit of catch up. Expect some new updates in the near future.

August 28th, 2011
Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. I have not abandoned this project. One of my static is moving this week, another has been sick, and I've been busy with RL stuff. Basically, that has left me with little time to go out and investigate camp sites, or at least documenting them.

August 14th, 2011
Finally put up a logo of sorts.

August 14th, 2011
Somehow this past week has gone by without any new Camps pages. Sorry guys. The Summer event distracted myself and the people I usually grind with, along with some other stuff. More updates soon!

August 7th, 2011
My account has been fixed, despite one rude CSR who hung up on me. Updates will resume shortly. Fixed a mistake on the Iron Coblyns @ Nanawa Mines page. Thanks to Kim for pointing it out to me.

August 6th, 2011
No updates can/will be made till SE fixes whatever they broke! See my thread here.

August 5th, 2011
Ernie Keebler's blog is ruining my immersion!

Just a little bit of fun at the expense of some of the crybabies on the official forums. This game is getting better with each patch, but they always find something to cry about!

Added the excellent 30-39 Young Raptors @ Camp Iron Lake Camps page today. Definitely recommended for any party in their 30s.



August 4th, 2011
Late-night grinding led to us checking out a camp and evaluating it. The verdict? Ravenous Billygoats near Camp Broken Water makes for boring, safe EXP/SP around level 30. Later in the day, I added the 30-39 Ixali Fencers @ Camp Glory Ixali Fortress Camps page. I had a much better time here.

August 3rd, 2011
Added the Camps page for Cellar Puks @ Nanawa Mines. I also adjusted a few level ranges based upon some feedback I had received and read. I added the Iron Coblyns in the list for Nanawa Mines and will probably do page for them today as well made a page for it. It's an okay alternative if the Puk camps are taken.

August 2nd, 2011
The first camp page is up, 7-12 Moiling Moles & Stuffed Dodos. Please check it out and send me feedback before I create dozens of more pages just like it. Adjustments to level ranges thanks to fallenazn of /r/ffxiv. I also added some solo camps suggested by Saburo Dawnfox of Istory. More to come over the course of the next few days!

Thanks to everyone who's visited this site and sent me feedback or commented on forums. I won't be able to do this project completely solo, so your feedback and help is definitely important to getting this off the ground. It's nice to see a more pleasant side of the community for once, since the official forums are full of negativity. Thanks again!

August 1st, 2011
Welcome to FFXIV Camps. This site is brand new. In the next few days, I will be testing these camps out and making individual pages for each of them them, with detailed information and maps. Feel free to notify me of anything that needs to be corrected or adjusted, there is still a lot of tweaking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment